Tuesday, May 22, 2018

What Time Is It

Ecclesiastes 3:1

There is a time for everything….  

Do you ever feel you’re running out of time?  Do you ever wish you had more time? The Bible hints that time is like a vapor that soon vanishes, flowers that fade, and grass that withers.  

Whether or not we like to admit it, each of us is running out of time.  Our days are numbered.  In Job we read, “Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with you, you have appointed his bounds that he cannot pass…” While I can’t increase the quantity of my time, I can sure work on the quality of my time.  

Warren Buffet said, “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”  What can I do with my time?  Plant a tree...invest time in someone else, encourage a friend, love the unlovable, forgive, show Christ’s love.  Do something that will outlive you.

One of these days when I’m older, when I have more time, when the children are older, when life isn’t so busy - One of these days I’m going to be a better husband, a better wife, a better father, a better mother, more loving, more kind.  One of these days.

What time is it?  It’s time to plant a tree.  Do something that’ll make a difference.  Time is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment