Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Stay On Your Side Of The Fence

Proverbs 3:6
Proverbs 3:6 has been my life verse for most of my Christian journey.  It has been my North Star, my road map, my hope, and my peace of mind. I have learned to “acknowledge”Him in everything – to look for God in every situation.
Imagine with me, as I build a fence down the middle of Proverbs 3:6.  On one side of the fence we read, “In all your ways acknowledge Him.”  On the other side of the fence we read, “And He will direct your paths.”  One side of the fence is God’s business and the other side is my business.  Many of us struggle with staying on our side of the fence.  Too many times I have jumped the fence and tried to do God’s job. I have only one job: Acknowledge Him…in everything.
Another way of looking at this verse is to give God the pen and let Him write our story. That’s not always easy to do, especially when we know how we want the story to end. It is difficult to surrender the pen and allow God to write my story according to His will.  But if I will do my job, God will do his.  If I will acknowledge Him, He will direct my paths. God help me stay on my side of the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment