Saturday, July 18, 2015

No Cheating

Romans 14:12 (HCSB)
“So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.”

I hate to admit it but I struggled to make good grades all through high school.  It all started in the seventh grade.  That was a rough year for me.  I cheated on more tests than I can remember.  Whether it was Math, History, or English…if the class required me to study – I cheated.  At the end of the year I passed and moved on to the eighth grade.  But even though I passed, I really failed.  I didn't recover from my cheating until I was in my second year of college.  I was always behind, trying to catch up.  Yes, I passed the seventh grade, but I failed miserably.

Are you cheating in life?  It may appear that you are getting a passing grade. But the truth is, and you know it, you’re not what you appear to be.  When it comes to matters of character, you may cheat but you’ll eventually get caught.  D. L. Moody said “Character is what you are in the dark.”  What am I getting away with?  What am I doing I hope no one finds out about? 


Paul said, “Each of us will give an account to God.” I won’t give an account to my seventh grade teachers.  I won’t give an account to my parents, my wife, or children.  I won’t give an account to friends.  I will give an account to God.  Wow.  It matters what God’s word says…and it matters what I do with what He says.  If I am an unbeliever God will save me from my cheating ways.  If I am a believer, God will cleanse and forgive me – If I will pray, believe, and trust Him to do for me what I can’t do for myself.  Each of us will answer to God.  No Cheatin’!   M    

No comments:

Post a Comment