Friday, July 24, 2015

Hopefully Optimistic

2 Timothy 1:7

“For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Paul had every reason to give up.  But he found every reason to go on.  He had every reason to whine.  But, instead, he found all the reasons to rejoice.  He had many reasons to fear.  But, instead, he had unusual confidence.

This morning I have received three messages via social media.  One from a friend whose marriage is trouble.  One from a friend who says he simply cant find joy and peace.  The other, from a friend telling me God used my preaching several years ago to lead his wife to the Lord.  He decided he needed to tell me this about fifteen years after the fact.

I love to read books by Ron Dunn.  I feel like he wrote them just for me.  In his book, “Will God Heal Me?” he wrote: “God is aware of what you’re going through and He is allowing it for His glory and limiting it for His purposes.”   That causes me to be hopefully optimistic.

To my friend whose marriage is suffering, and my friend who cant seem to find joy and peace…God knows where you are  and your struggle is no secret to Him.  Why doesn’t he fix your problem?  I don’t know.  Many of the questions we ask in this life will never be answered in this life – but in eternity we’ll understand it all. 

And to my friend whose wife was saved under my preaching several years ago and you decided to let me know about it today…there’s a real good chance that I needed to hear that today more than I did then.  Thanks.


I am hopefully optimistic that all we face is a part of a bigger plan and if I will hold on to Him who's holding on to me – eventually the sun will shine and the clouds will roll away.  God has not given me the spirit of fear….  MM

No comments:

Post a Comment