Thursday, June 4, 2015

Press On

Philippians 3:14 
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ."

Just because you decide to get right with God doesn’t mean everyone else will jump on the bandwagon.  In fact you may feel alone as if no one understands and no one cares.  You may even be criticized for being who others remember you as, for being what others label you, and for being that of which others are jealous.  Sometimes the criticism will come from family, friends, even those with whom you go to church.  

You will need to remind yourself often of your calling and your commitment to that calling.  The way that leads to life truly is narrow.  It’s the same road that leads to contentment, peace of mind, and lasting happiness.  While others are riding a roller coaster of religion, up and down emotionally and spiritually, you have chosen consistency in Christ.  You may not go as high as some, but neither will you go as low. 


A new beginning must start with the end in mind.  How do I want to grow old?  What do I want others to see in me?  When it’s all said and done, what will I be known for saying and doing?  How do I want my life to end?  While I may not be able to choose how I die, I can certainly choose how I live.  Besides, people won’t remember how you died.  They will remember how you lived.  And, if you live deep into your seventies, eighties, and nineties, that’s a long time to live regretting foolish decisions.  Ignore the critics and keep pressing on toward Christ. M

No comments:

Post a Comment