Monday, June 1, 2015

Live Like You’re Dying

Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Tim McGraw sang about it several years ago.  I liked the song.  Still do.  I think there’s some pretty good preaching in that song.  If I were to make a sermon out of those lyrics it would go something like this:  We should live like we’re dying because most of us will die like we’re living. 

Many folks intend to change…to do better…to get right with God…but most never do.  Most folks will die like they live.  If you’re bitter, unforgiving, resentful – you’ll probably die bitter, unforgiving, and resentful.  But if you are loving, peaceful, and kind you’ll probably die in that condition as well. 

If you’re lost you’ll probably die lost.  That’s why, if you’re not saved and you know you should be…and you want to be saved, you should be saved today!  Live saved so you’ll die saved. 

If you’re living with sin in your life, that’s no way to live and it’s sure no way to die.  Get right with God while you can.  Pray, confess, repent, do whatever it takes to be right with God – and to be at peace with others.  Then you’ll be ready to die.  And in case you don’t die anytime soon, you’ll be ready to live. 


A lady asked me recently if I would sing at her funeral.  I said, “Sure.  When is it?”  My answer took her by surprise.  She said she hoped it wasn’t anytime soon.  Friend, rest assured your days are numbered.  Live like you’re dying because most of us will die like we’re living.  M

No comments:

Post a Comment