Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Trust The Lord

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

The message on the coffee cup said, “Take a deep breath and trust the Lord.”  That sounds a lot better than what I said recently to a friend who is facing some difficult decisions in his family.  I said to him, “Swallow hard and deal with it.”  What I meant was, take a deep breath and trust the Lord.  Really. I promise that’s what I meant. 

Have you been there?  Are you there now?  Facing a difficult decision?  Worried sick about what might happen?  Someone you love is living dangerously?  Are you heartbroken?  …While I know the words I spoke to my friend were a little blunt, for me personally, they work.  Swallow hard and deal with it.  Believe God.  Make the decision that your decision is not going to be swayed by the decisions of others. 


And then, take a deep breath and trust the Lord.  I mean, what else are you going to do?  Take matters in to your own hands?  Worry yourself sick?  Panic?  None of that will work.  If you believe what you say you believe, trust God.  Swallow hard and deal with it. Take a deep breath and trust God. And, enjoy your coffee.   

No comments:

Post a Comment