Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Count Your Many Blessings


Psalms 103:2 – “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits…”

I remember singing the hymn in church when I was a kid, “When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done…..Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.”

I’ve been humming and singing that song the past few days.  So, instead of trying to get it out of my head I’ve been doing what the song says.  I’ve been counting my blessings…and it is absolutely amazing what the Lord has done. 


Evidently it’s easy to get in a rut and “forget His benefits…”  When you’re discouraged, count your blessings.  When you’re frustrated, count your blessings.  When you’re worried, count your blessings.  When you’re ready to give up, count your blessings.  When you’re envious, count your blessings.  When it’s a bad day, count your blessings – And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.  “Bless the Lord O my soul!”

No comments:

Post a Comment