Monday, April 6, 2015

Mick - Mike

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I have a dear friend whose name is Mickey.  Mickey Dalrymple.  What a good guy...What a great pastor... What a good friend!  I call him "Mick."  My pastor from years ago introduced me to Mick.  His name was Jack...Jack Freeman.  Jack would call Mick on the phone and when he answered Jack would say, "Mick...Jack, How'r you doing?"  

Bro. Mickey is sick.  He has been struggling with Leukemia for some time.  I sent an email last week letting him know I was thinking of him and praying for him.  Below is the email he sent me in return:

"Mike, Mick

I am recovering from 2 weeks in hospital where I battled pneumonia, leukemia, vertigo, and irregular heartbeat.  I am getting stronger day by day.

Hope all is well with you.  Life is good because He is good.

Mick"

He said, "Life is good because God is good."  I haven't been able to get his words off my mind.  God's goodness doesn't change.  Life is often bumpy and difficult - but even in the worst of times, life is good because God is good.  

Friend, if you're having a rough week, first of all realize things could be worse...there's probably someone not far down the road who is facing something much greater than you can imagine.  I'm not suggesting Bro. Mickey should thank God for his sickness...be he can sure thank God in his sickness.  And we can can have a good day because God is good.   

Mick - Mike...Thanks for reminding me Life is good because God is good.  




No comments:

Post a Comment