Monday, March 9, 2015

Enoch Walked With God

Genesis 5:24

What a simple verse.  A simple thought.  No fireworks.  No anthems played.  No fanfare.  Enoch walked with God.  Verse 23 says he walked with God three hundred years.  It’s easy to read those verses in a hurry and miss something huge.  

God didn’t walk with Enoch… Enoch walked with God.

There is a difference.  If I want to be right with God I must get in step with Him.  As we learned years ago through the study Experiencing God, we must find out what God is doing and be a part of it.  In the case of Enoch, find out where God is walking and walk with Him. 

The problem today is we want God to walk with us.  We want Him to agree with us.  We want Him to bless us.  We want God to walk with us even if it means He must change directions.  Even if it goes against His will.  Even if it violates His word. 

Don’t try to get God to walk with you.  Walk with Him.  Do whatever it takes to walk with Him.  Make whatever changes are necessary for you to walk with Him. You may have to stop and turn around.  It may mean a change of pace.  Don’t try to walk ahead of Him – Walk with Him.  Today.

Enoch walked with God.

“Dear Lord, I don’t know what all this means, but I know I want to walk with you.  Show me.  Teach me.  Guide me.  Lead me.  Help me….that I may walk with you today.”


MM   

No comments:

Post a Comment