Monday, January 27, 2014

A Step of Faith...

Well...I've taken the step of faith I wondered if I would take again.  Yesterday was my last Sunday as pastor of Trinity Baptist...a congregation filled with people I dearly love and consider many of them best friends.  It has been a blessed six years.

...So what have I done?  I have stepped away from the security of a regular paycheck and placed my trust in God to open doors and provide opportunities for me to preach.  I am trusting God to provide for my needs and the needs of my family through the generosity of churches and individuals who feel led to support me in this adventure.

So, where will I be preaching this year?  I will preach where God opens the doors.  As of today I have a very busy spring.  I also have many dates already booked for the summer and fall.  Before pastoring Trinity I lived by "faith" like this for sixteen years as a traveling preacher.  I have found that while there are days when I'm fearful and anxious - on most days I have a greater confidence and assurance in knowing, without any interference from others, God is providing all I need.  I like it that way.

I need your prayers.  Some call a step like this "foolish."  I call it "faithful."  Pray that I will be faithful to what I believe God is leading me to do and where He leads me to go.  If you'd like more information about Michael Mason Ministries, Inc. I would be happy to answer your questions.  MM

Michael Mason Ministries Preaching Schedule 2014

January 18  Walker Baptist Assoc. Men's Conference
January 27 Morgan Baptist Assoc. VBS Rally

February 2 Austinville First Baptist Day, Decatur, Al.
February 6-13 Guatemala Mission w/ Friendship Baptist, Grand Bay, Al.
February 16  19th Ave. Baptist Revival Wknd, Hattiesburg, Miss.
February 23 Danville Baptist Revival Day, Danville, Al.


March 1 Belmore Baptst Men's Conference, Belmore, Al
March 2-5 Southside Baptist Revival, Albertville, Al.
March 9-11 Solitude Baptist Revival, Albertville, Al.
March 16-19, Harmony Baptist Revival, Moulton, Al.
March 30-April 2 Family Baptist Revival, Moulton, Al.

April 3-5 Trinity Baptist Adult Retreat, Pigeon Forge, Tn.
April 6 Parkview Baptist, Decatur, Al.

April 7 Bethel Baptist Revival Night, Dora, Al.
April 10 & 12 Morgan Baptist Assoc VBS
April  13-16 New Center Baptist, Somerville, Al
April 20 Friendship Baptist Revival Day, Grand Bay, Al.
April 27-30 Sardis Springs Baptist Revival, Athens, Al.

May 2-3 Couples Retreat Wilsonville Baptist, Al.
May 4 Revival Day Wilsonville Baptist, Wilsonville, Al
May 6 Sweet Home Baptist Revival Night, Guntersville, Al.
May 18-21 Union Hill Baptist, Moulton, Al.  


(If you or your pastor would be interested in having me speak at an event you are planning feel free to call or text me at 256-306-6645.  Or you email me at michael-mason@charter.net.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brother Mason, we are looking forward to having you at Harmony!!

    Brother Barry

    ReplyDelete