Wednesday, April 1, 2009

47th Year

Hello Friends,

I got to thinking about it the other day. It was Friday, March 27th that I began to think about it. I was enjoying my 46th birthday and had an ugly thought. I am in my 47th year of life. I'm not just 46 years old, I am in my 47th year pushing 50. You hear broadcasters and journalists all the time saying, "We are in the 21st century." Sounds impressive as if we had something to do with it. I am in my 47th year and really had nothing to do with it. Mom and dad took care of me the first 21 years. Crystal has taken care of me the last 20. For about six years between my folks and Crystal, the Lord was busy watching over me. I have arrived at my 47th year by the grace of God.
I heard about Bill and Bob, two old men, in their early eighties walking along a bike trail early one morning. As they enjoyed the sunrise they noticed a frog sitting right in the middle of the trail. As they approached the frog, it spoke to Bob the older of the two men. It was a girl frog and she said to Bob, "Pick me up, kiss me on the head, and I'll turn into a beautiful princess and go anywhere you want to go and do anything you want to do." Bob reached down, picked up the frog, and put it inside his jacket pocket. His buddy Bill said, "Bob, did you hear that? That frog said if you'd kiss her, she'd turn into a beautiful princess and go anywhere and do anything you want to do. Bob turned to Bill and said, "Yes, I heard her, but at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."
Too many people settle for a "talking frog" when they could have a "princess." I'm talking about life. I'm talking about life that's worth living. For me, I'm talking about my walk with the Lord. Too many people settle for a "talking frog" religion, when they could have a "princess" salvation. These are those who are Christians, but never really become followers of Christ. These are those who get saved and eventually go to Heaven, but they miss out on what Jesus called the "abundant life." I am in my 47th year. I have been saved for 27 of those years. I hope I have another 27 years ahead of me to preach the Gospel. I would love to be an old preacher one day looking back over 75 or 80 years reflecting on the faithfulness of God. I have made up my mind. I'm not interested in settling for a "talking frog" way of life. I want a princess salvation.
Listen to Isaiah 40:8. "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Yes the grass withers, the flowers fade, ...and so do we. But even though we fade and wither like the grass and the flower, we have the promise that the word of God never fails. God is true to his word. We can have eternal life. We can know peace that passes understanding. We can have joy that is unspeakable and full of glory. That, my friend, is "princess" salvation.
I'll talk to you later.
Michael

Michael Mason Ministries...Preaching Schedule
April 3-4 First Baptist, Bay Minette, Al., Marriage Wknd.
May 3-6 First Baptist, Rogersville, Al., Revival

No comments:

Post a Comment