Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Michael and Dawn News January 2021

Friends,                                                                                                  

Going forward into 2021 there is uncertainty as to what the days ahead hold.  The only thing we are certain of is God’s goodness and provision. My preaching schedule is far different than it was this time a year ago.  Discouraging?  Absolutely…But I am encouraged.  If the past is any prediction of the future I’ll be fine.  But I sure do miss preaching each week.  My new book, Faithful, is available.  You can purchase it at Amazon, or order a copy through my website: michaelmasonministries.com. My new music is completed.  CDs and digital downloads be available January 30. 

This month I’m including a brief excerpt from a message I preached recently.  It is titled, “In All Things…”  1 Thess. 5:16-18  Imagine giving thanks in all things - Paul is encouraging the extreme, above and beyond, more than typical faithfulness.  He says Rejoice Always.  Pray Without Ceasing.  Give Thanks In Everything Most of us rejoice in the good times but not bad timesMost of us pray sometimes but not all the timeMost of us give thanks in some things but not all things.

Paul says this is the Will Of God… What?  We tend to believe the will of God is only for big events, life events…but what if the small things were as much God’s will as the big things? What if the blessing at the table is as big as the invocation at church?

Giving Thanks IN everything will keep me from becoming arrogant.  Without practicing thanksgiving in seasons of pleasure and prosperity I might become arrogant believing I did it rather than giving God the credit. 

Giving Thanks IN everything will keep me from becoming bitter. Without practicing thanksgiving in seasons of pain and poverty I might become bitter blaming my pain on God.  And I might become envious of others simply because they’re not suffering like I am.  …Paul also said in Ephesians to give thanks for all things.  And he said in Romans we know all things work together for good…  And when we do, we can trust Him in the storm and trust Him for the answer.

….If you’d like to have me or Dawn speak at your church…We are available for Revivals, Conferences, Retreats, and Special Events.  Thank You…     


Michael’s Preaching Schedule 2020-21

January 8-10 Bovina Bap, Vicksburg, Miss.

31 Bellview Baptist, Decatur, Al.

February 7 Ryan Bap, Joppa, Al. (streaming)

21-24 Oak Ridge Baptist, Hartselle, Al.

28-March 3 Topeka Bap, Jayess, Miss.


Dawn’s Speaking Schedule 2021

March 6 Ladies Conference, New Beginning Church, Florence, Al. 



  michaelmasonministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment