Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Michael and Dawn Newsletter April 2020

Friends,                                                                                            
Dawn and I trust you are blessed and doing well during these days of quarantine and social distancing.  My prayer is that, even though we are keeping our distance from others, we will draw closer to God.  
I find it interesting, that in my March newsletter, I wrote about knowing God. ...Knowing God is better than knowing who, how, what, when, or why.  Little did I know, over a month ago, where we’d be today and all that we would face in the past few weeks.  Neither do I know even now what’s coming.  But what I said was true, and will be true whatever we face.  Knowing God is the foundation we can build on when we’re tempted to lose hope.  These are different days for us.  Never, in all my years of ministry, have I felt so uncertain about what the future holds.  It’s not that I am uncertain about God, His work, His word, or His church.  But I am uncertain about how all the changes will affect ministry, specifically me.  But I do believe, and I trust the One who knew and knows all about it.  He always brings good out of bad.  
In this newsletter, I am not including a preaching calendar for the coming weeks.  My calendar has been cleared through cancellations, and reservations.  I have an unusually busy schedule July through November…but for now I am doing ministry from home.  What am I doing?  1. Dawn and I have been busy each week preparing and presenting video series on various subjects.  We have posted these to social media.  2. I have completed my latest book and have submitted it for publishing.  It should be ready by mid-June.  3. I have written several songs over the past few years.  I have met with a producer and gave him ten songs that I plan to record by late spring.  4. I am doing some one-on-one mentoring for a few men who have asked for help and direction in their life.  It’s new ground for me but I am enjoying it.  5. I am using the sabbatical to refocus on my calling and renew my commitment to be faithful to the One who called me.   
One of Dawn’s favorite sayings is, “Even If…”  Even if things don’t go the way I planned, God knows all about it.  And today I say, even if I have no where to preach for the next few weeks I know God is faithful.  I am trusting Him.  If the past is any predictor of the future, I am in good hands.  He has opened doors for me, provided for me, blessed me, and watched over me in times of uncertainty and unanswered questions.  I am believing He will do it again.    
If you’d like to have me or Dawn speak at your church… Now or in the future…in your church or through any digital format available…We are available.  
Thank You…                

For more info…visit michaelmasonministries.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment