Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Michael and Dawn August 2020 Newsletter

Friends.....I hope you’re doing well.  I’m having a blessed and productive season of ministry.  It seems my preaching calendar keeps changing, but I am still having opportunities to preach somewhere each week.  Also, my latest book, Faithful, is at the printers and I should be receiving copies within the next few days.  Also, this week I will begin recording vocals for a new music-ministry project.  I am looking forward to this since I have not recorded new music in over ten years.  Pray for me and I’ll pray for you that we remain faithful in these uncertain times.  

I’ve been working on a message from Romans 7:15-20.  It’s that passage where Paul describes his struggle with doing what he hated..and not doing what he desired.  Have you ever been surprised by your own sin?  I have been.  I thought I was stronger…further along…and then all of a sudden I am blindsided by some immoral thought, judgmental attitude, greedy desire.  I think Paul was surprised by his sin…His honesty leaves little to the imagination. Sin is no respecter of person.  Doesn’t matter if you’re Apostle Paul or Judas Iscariot – If sin can have its way with you it will.  He remembers being a slave to sin.  He had been owned by sin…a servant of sin…obeying the demands and desires of sin’s appetite.  Imagine this: Your life has been bought by Jesus…but the former owner keeps coming back trying to claim what’s no longer his.  Jesus bought the house…but the Devil thinks he can rent a room. Paul knows he has been saved from sin….Saved from sin’s power but not its presence.  Jesus said we must deny ourselves daily.  Bonhoeffer said “when God calls a man He bids him to come and die.”  Paul said we were to “reckon ourselves to be dead indeed to sin.”   Saved from sin means I am no longer a slave to sin – I have a new master – and I am called to do what He says.  

If you’d like to have me or Dawn speak at your church…We are available for Revivals, Conferences, Retreats, and Special Events.  Thank You…     

Michael’s Preaching Schedule 2020

August

2 Central Baptist, Florence, Al.

9 Lebanon Baptist, Hartselle, Al.

16 Victory Baptist, Moulton, Al.

23-26 Serenity Baptist, Somerville, Al.

30-Sep 2 Bethel Baptist, Arley, Al.

September

13-16 Bovina Baptist, Vicksburg, Miss.

20-23 Topeka Baptist, Jayess, Miss.

27 Victory Baptist, Mt. Juliet, Tenn. 

Dawn’s Speaking Schedule 2020

Aug 16 Victory, Bap. Moulton, Al.

Sept 13 Bovina Bap, Vicksburg, MS

Sept 25-26 Parkview Baptist, Decatur, Al. 

October 3 Lee Heights Bap Florence, AL

October 16-18 No Limits Retreat, Shocco Springs, Talledaga, Al.

Nov 6-7 19th Ave Bap, Hattiesburg, Miss


Visit: michaelmasonministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment